1. Complete the questions in this application form.
2. Provide the name, department, phone number, and email address below for at least one reference (preferably your graduate research advisor) who will provide a letter of recommendation. Providing the email address in this form will result in a notification to your advisor to supply a recommendation letter. In addition to the general recommendation, your advisor should address the following points in the letter:
- The reason this student is not being supported through a local Graduate Research Assistantship.
- Has this student applied for student support through a NASA graduate student researchers program such as FINESST? If “yes”, describe the status of the proposal; if “no”, explain why not.
3. Upload a research statement (no more than 4 pages) and resume in this form before the application due date. Your research statement should describe your research as well as your educational and career goals and interests and how they relate to fields supporting NASA’s mission (science, engineering, computer science, technology, etc). Your statement should discuss any past, present, and planned future involvement with NASA, as well as publications, honors, and awards you may have received.
4. Upload a copy of your unofficial graduate school transcript in this form before the application due date. Entering or first year graduate students should also include a copy of your unofficial undergraduate transcript.
*Please notify your references that they will be receiving an email from MSGC.